Has anyone eaten Coots? Finding lots of conflicting info, curious if anyone has first hand experience. Dove is slowing down in imperial valley but always see coots.
Getting ready to make up a ton of soil for greenhouse raised beds. Looking at a basic coots mix - 3 parts + nutrient and mineral mixes. This gets a lot of bacteria and fungi from the compost, but as I am going to be making a ton I can't promise the highest of quality. Won't be bad just can't guarantee it will be like the higher end bagged stuff. Normal run of the mill compost, sourced in a mountain town, screened and is decent, but for a reasonable price.
So I am wondering what is a good way at scale to pump up the bacteria and fungi from the start. Is there a reasonable product anyone would recommend?
Or do I just get some 'high end' composts with tested b/f and make a bunch of batches of aact and soak everything prior to planting. This would take care of bacteria but how do you super charge aact for fungi? I don't think they eat molasses. Do they like the air?
Thanks in advance.