Aerosols are small particles in the atmosphere that often cause cooling by reducing incoming sunlight. One of the predictions made multiple times in the aforementioned subreddit was that global dimming, which is caused by greenhouse gases, would fade away due to the COViD lockdowns and the sun's rays would impact Earth more directly. Catastrophes that would've happened according to this theory stemmed from the Australian bushfires coming back to Miami flooding and even a superhurricane slamming the Caribbean. What happened?
Anyone have any ideas or products to prevent my jerkass co-workers from stealing, mainly my aerosol cans, but also boxes of gloves from the tray on the side of my tool cart?
Although every other country has done so, Health Canada still doesn't acknowledge the overwhelming evidence - aerosol transmission of COVID-19 is common and is an important route of transmission. Virus-laden aerosols frequently infect susceptible contacts in suboptimally ventilated environments, like smoke, infectious aerosols can accumulate in shared air settings. The introduction of more virulent variants made it easier to reach dangerous concentrations.
PHAC guidelines which do not include medical-grade personal protection or HEPA air filtration, fail to provide protection from aerosol transmission:
> There is no evidence at this time that the virus is able to transmit over long distances through the air, for example, from room to room through air ducts.
The PHAC guidelines determine provincial occupational health and safety standards and the provinces cannot update the provincial COVID-19 guidelines until PHAC does so.
This means workplace regulations, school regulations and healthcare regulations do not protect Canadians against aerosol transmission of COVID-19. Control strategies need to target close-proximity transmissions such as effective face-fitted masks, air ventilation and air filtration.
Reducing indoor transmission is achievable if indoor transmission is acknowledged.
Check out this website for more information:
Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists (CRBOH) - https://www.crboh.ca/
Workplace Health Without Borders - https://www.whwb.org/about-us/
Ontario Health Coalition - https://www.ontariohealthcoalition.ca/
OPSEU/SEFPO Hospital... keep reading on reddit ➡
I’m looking into buying the Pacifica spray on face sunscreen (https://www.target.com/p/pacifica-sea-38-c-set-38-protect-setting-mist-spf-45-4-fl-oz/-/A-79656198)
I know goop also has a spray on sunscreen that’s highly rated.
I currently use black girl sunscreen, or my Pacifica bronzing sunscreen if I want something with coverage. My requirements are budget friendly and cruelty free lol so I’m not really interested in buying anything higher than $16 for a 4oz bottle or so.
I know the powder sunscreens for reapplication don’t work well so I wanted to know if this has any better reviews. My main concern is anti aging and skin cancer, but I’m worried about the amount needed to be effective.
Anyone else loves the Aerosol OP skin from the battlepass? I really like the graffity designs on these new skins, it's very pleasant to the eye.
As I said. Masls do not capture all the aerosols of a person. Even if everyone is masked in a room, and said room has poor ventilation, and there is social distancing, if one of said people in room is infected, and they are in there for long enough, people will still get infected by the masked infected person.
Knowing this, when I go out, I wear a properly fitted n95. But that isn't just it. If I am wearing an n95, I do so because I assume there could be virus in the air. Because I assume that, and that said virus could be at my face level, then I assume perhaps my n95 is filtering it when i inhale. If that is true, then that means of course, virus lingering in the air can obviously land of your clothing and become a fomite for later.
So my protocol to be safe is when I get home from a place like a store, the doctors, etc, I always strip down, isolate that clothing and then go shower thoroughly
COVID-19 is spread by the respiratory droplets an infected person produces when they breathe, cough, sneeze, talk, or sing. If you are in contact with an infected person, the virus can enter your body if droplets get into your throat, nose, or eyes. Last updated: January 5, 2021
Respiratory infections such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19 are mainly spread by liquid droplets that come out of the mouth and nose when a person with the virus breathes, coughs, sneezes, talks, or sings. Droplets come in a wide range of sizes, from smaller than the width of a hair to larger than a grain of sand. A few large droplets or many small droplets can contain enough virus to infect another person.
Larger droplets are heavier, and they usually fall to the ground within two meters. The majority of COVID-19 infections are spread from one person to another through larger droplets. This is why maintaining physical distance, adding physical barriers, wearing masks, and hand hygiene are all important protective measures. Smaller droplets come out of the mouth and nose at the same time as larger droplets. These smaller droplets are light, and they can float in the air for a longer time. Because of this, smaller droplets may collect in enclosed spaces unless they are diluted with clean air from the outdoors or from a ventilation system. If many people are sharing a space without enough clean air, it can lead to COVID-19 infections.
Even though COVID-19 can survive for hours or days on different surfaces, infection from contact with contaminated surfaces appears to be less common. The most common type of spread is through larger droplets from close contact with an infected person.There is no evidence that the virus transmits through food as it is destroyed almost immediately by stomach acid. Good hand hygiene is always important for food safety. For more information, see the BCCDC page on [Food Safety and COVID-19](http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/prevention-risks/food-saf... keep reading on reddit ➡
The AAF recommends in detail:
• Ventilation and suction systems with or without a recirculation of filtered air can and should be installed in sectors where many people meet in the short-term.
• Means should be provided in the Federal States to install ventilation and suction systems, adequate air purification systems and CO2 measuring instruments in school classes. It would also be helpful to ease the administrative rules at the local level and put the personal responsibility and initiative on the school management and provide means for the climatic and air ventilation consulting.
• Proper ventilation systems, mobile air purifiers and CO2 measuring instruments should also be implemented in other highly frequented areas as in restaurants, bars and eating places and their procurement according to air ventilation consulting should be facilitated. Also for cultural events, possibilities for a normalisation of the business could arise through monitoring the CO2 level and thus air hygiene.
• It has consistently been reported about infections in planes . The air supply from top to bottom in passenger planes contradicts the natural uplifting of warm particle loaded air and fosters its spatial expansion and increases thus the risk of infection. A reversal of the fresh air supply is technically feasible for sure and should be considered.
• The AAF also points out that the situation in busses (especially when pupils travel to and from school), local trains as well as in city trains and light rails is not satisfying. It cannot be excluded that passengers are exposed to a high risk of infection during the rush hours in these vehicles due to the high surface density even though people wear masks as prescribed. Here, an improved air supply if necessary, could generate positive effects.
• N95 and FFP2 masks are highly recommended because of their filtering efficiency for particles A. They should be mandatory in many sectors instead of the simple hygiene masks and be improved as regards the breathing resistance and the sealing.
• Recovered infected persons could be offered the option of a medical check-up of the individual particle and virus emission during basal respiration and when speaking, so that potential individual super emitters could act extra-responsibly in the future such... keep reading on reddit ➡